Parts4euro
Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion on Cross Touran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Half a year driving this car. After slowing down (eg after speed bump) the Touran will drop gear to D2. If I then apply too much throttle too fast it feels like the clutch is 'slipping' before it bites - juddering? But I've subconsciously adjusted the way I drive so don't feel it anymore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lp16 View Post
    For me, my CT behaves quite nicely. Only sometimes (don't know why) the car hesitates when exiting a junction/roundabout. It's like the car is confused; 1st or 2nd gear to engage. Other than that al ok. As for juddering, low speed got a bit la. Just like a novice manual driver. Clutch control tak pandai.....
    I have also experienced the hesitation. I think it is the turbo/supercharger lag. Complaint to the SC and they fixed it and no idea what they have done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jinyap View Post
    Half a year driving this car. After slowing down (eg after speed bump) the Touran will drop gear to D2. If I then apply too much throttle too fast it feels like the clutch is 'slipping' before it bites - juddering? But I've subconsciously adjusted the way I drive so don't feel it anymore...
    Yes. This is the clutch slippage especially going uphill in the start-stop situation. Experienced it numerous times and also complaint to the SC and they replaced my clutch.

Post Thanks / Like
    So a question... Now with the clutch replaced, do you get any juddering at all when accelerating from zero? I was under the impression that some juddering, depending on situation, cannot be avoided especially at very low speeds

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jinyap View Post
    So a question... Now with the clutch replaced, do you get any juddering at all when accelerating from zero? I was under the impression that some juddering, depending on situation, cannot be avoided especially at very low speeds
    After the clutch replacement, no juddering whatever speed low or high, uphill or going over bump.. smooth and responsive. However this good feeling just do not last. As mentioned earlier I have replaced my clutch at about 40k and currently at SC undergoing a second clutch replacement. will be collecting the car on Monday and will share
    the experience

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skloke View Post
    After the clutch replacement, no juddering whatever speed low or high, uphill or going over bump.. smooth and responsive. However this good feeling just do not last. As mentioned earlier I have replaced my clutch at about 40k and currently at SC undergoing a second clutch replacement. will be collecting the car on Monday and will share
    the experience
    Following my post above , I have collected my CT yesterday morning. The drive is good, no more juddering at slow speed, going over bump, u-turn etc etc... smooth and fast. I wish that this feel good factor will last. My SA told me that what i had in my CT is the improved version of the mechatronic (The entire unit has been changed due to breakdown) & clutch. I want to believe my SA however time will tell whether what he said is true....
    Last edited by skloke; 03-09-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skloke View Post
    Following my post above , I have collected my CT yesterday morning. The drive is good, no more juddering at slow speed, going over bump, u-turn etc etc... smooth and fast. I wish that this feel good factor will last. My SA told me that what i had in my CT is the improved version of the mechatronic (The entire unit has been changed due to breakdown) & clutch. I want to believe my SA however time will tell whether what he said is true....
    skloke, does that mean the first MU replacement you had was different from this recent one you received?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mooncake2 View Post
    skloke, does that mean the first MU replacement you had was different from this recent one you received?
    Mooncake2. Just to clarify. This is my first MU replacement. My car was under the recall list however before I can have the mu replaced my car broke down due to mecha failure. According to the SA, if the mechatronic failed, the whole mechatronic unit will need to be replaced. This is different from those under recall. For those under recall, only a part of the mechatronic is replaced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear fellow CT-ians, encountered a rather odd incident just now. Was creeping on a small side road looking for parking and was turning the control knob of the volume and suddenly car totally lost power. Felt kind of like the car stalled but the battery sign flashed red And I was not able to restart my engine. Had to turn off the radio, pull the parking breaks and activate the hazard lights. Manage to push gear to P and removed key. After reinserting the key, the car started without any fuss.
    Wondering if any bros or sifus here have had any similar experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Dear fellow CT-ians, encountered a rather odd incident just now. Was creeping on a small side road looking for parking and was turning the control knob of the volume and suddenly car totally lost power. Felt kind of like the car stalled but the battery sign flashed red And I was not able to restart my engine. Had to turn off the radio, pull the parking breaks and activate the hazard lights. Manage to push gear to P and removed key. After reinserting the key, the car started without any fuss.
    Wondering if any bros or sifus here have had any similar experience?
    Did not encounter what you have experienced. For me, there were three unable to start incidents as follows:-

1, Park the car, go for lunch, after lunch the car unable to start - call vw assist, jump start my car and drive to sc to change battery
    2, 2 days later, went to JB for business, park for dinner, after dinner unable to re-start, battery light lit up, after a few cranks, the engine started. Park at the hotel for the nite, next morning, unable to start, call vw assist and after 1/2 hr before vw assist arrived, able to re-start the car, went to the sc at jb, diagnosed mechatronic problem. SC told me no parts but can still drive
    3, drove to Singapore and got stuck, car cannot start, call vw assist, tow to VW Sg and then tow to vw jb and have the mechatronic replaced 1.5 month later...
    Last edited by skloke; 10-09-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast